Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Mind over Matter: Just for Fun


When I was about sixteen I was introduced to hypnosis and the power of the mind to influence change. One of the funnest things that I learned was how to swing a pendulum on a string with just the power of my intentions. Here's how to do it if you haven't learned this already.


Get a string about six inches long and tie a small object to one of the ends. This object can be a ring, like the type you wear around your finger, or a nut from a bolt. Then hold the string at the end with no object and let it dangle above a table. Stabilize your elbow and wrist so the string and pendulum just hangs. Then with your thoughts begin to intend to move the pendulum keeping your hand still. Give it a minute or two and the pendulum will swing in the direction you intend. After time you can even get it to swing in a circle.


For some reason this just tickled my brain...but it also proved to me the power of the mind being able to project my intentions into a physical reality. This proof of the power of the mind over matter helped me conquer my panic attacks. It showed to me that I can do whatever I set my mind's intentions towards. It gave me faith that their is more to this world than just physical matter.

Take Care,

Shinzen

ps...if you like old Samurai movies, check out Samurai Torrents on my Blog list.

No comments:

Post a Comment