Thursday, January 15, 2009

Prairie Wind Zen

Reverend Nonin Chowaney of the Nebraska Zen Center has a wonderful website full of Zen stories and calligraphy. I have added his link on my blog on the left hand side. There are also pictures of the Heartland Temple where I sat and stared at the walls for hours on end wondering why.

I encourage my students and all Martial Artists to especially read the Prairie Wind newsletter dated Summer of 2004. It is about authentic Security and I feel very relevant to all of us walking the path of Budo. You don't need to be Buddhist to understand and apply Nonin's writing. He speaks straight and to the point...he's a Zen Master...what would you expect.

For those who want a direct address to this article it is:

www.prairiewindzen.org/prairiewind/Summer04/summer04.pdf


For the complete index of his newsletters:

www.prairiewindzen.org/prairiewind/index.html


Happy reading and if you have any comments or questions, please post.

Hands palm to palm,

Shinzen Sensei

No comments:

Post a Comment