Monday, December 28, 2009

Sky Mind


This morning, with coffee cup in hand, I was standing at my back patio door looking out at the sky. Clouds were rolling across rather quickly displaying the sky from time to time.

My mood when approaching the patio door was rather subdued and I was feeling a sense of sadness. I don't know why I felt this way. But when I watched the clouds roll across the face of the sky I remembered an old Zen saying: 'The Sky is not bothered by the passing clouds.' I began to feel better and ceased to be bothered by my own rolling clouds.

It's amazing how therapeutic it is to just watch...to be the sky.

Hands palm to palm,
Shinzen

1 comment:

  1. Yes, isn't it just! I enjoy spending time in nature because it does exactly that, it takes me out of my mind and brings my 'attention' back into the moment! I especially love watching and listening to the birds in the garden . . and simply be-ing there, which is here! :)

    ReplyDelete