Friday, January 29, 2010

Qwiff


Fred Wolf, PhD...aka...Dr. Quantum.

I love the work of Fred Wolf and have been readying 'Dr. Quantum's Little Book of Big Ideas'. Dr. Wolf is a Quantum Physicist on the cutting edge of where science meets spirit. He is a little nuts too! He was featured in the movie, "What the Bleep Do We Know?!" and in the DVD version of "The Secret".

Dr. Wolf coined a word...'Qwiff' to point to the quantum wave function. The quantum wave function is a wave that contains the potential for all things to appear. It is abstract and not observable but, according to Dr. Quantum, when it 'pops', the physical world manifests.

I don't claim to understand or even to begin to understand quantum physics, but Qwiff sounds like an inherent part of Ku/Kara...or Emptiness. Ku, to me, is energetic potential waiting to manifest into form and Qwiff appears to be the wave that makes this happen. In Karate, perhaps this is the potential that lies in 'the hand' or 'te' as it shape shifts, or pops, into form (knife hand, claw, fist, palm heel, etc) based on thought or intent.

I am sure there are some nuances of quantum physics regarding Qwiff that I am clueless about and I am oversimplifying it...but this is my level of seeing now. Any input to expand my understanding? ...or to confuse me more...which is okay, as you know, confusion comes before clarity.

Hands palm to palm,
Shinzen

5 comments:

  1. Yes he looks nuts! *like Einstein :p

    The "Qwiff" reminded me about "wavicle"; that one is potentially either as a wave or a particle; and manifest into either one depends on the observer's observation.

    Once I read few books about modern physics since it fascinates me. But when it comes to formulas and equations, I give up; I might be nuts but I'm not mathematically talented, hahahahaha :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you read "The Tao of Physics"?

    grrreat. Love Mr Wolf too he's a cloud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ta-Wan: Yep. Tao of Physics is in my library...and I've read it. Great book. Yeah...Wolf is another cloud, I agree.

    Rizal: I had the same thought regarding wavicle and I am like you, when it comes to the math I tend to get lost.

    Thanks guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Dr. Wolf myself! Been a fan for a couple of years. I've been into physics my whole life. Can't say that I'll be able to break down the equations for you, but my understanding of the concepts is pretty good.

    Nassim Haramein is another physicist to look out for when it comes to explaining spiritual matters. He's great! Although not a physicist himself, Rob Bryanton's book "Imagining the Tenth Dimension" is great at explaining many of the concepts quantum mechanics deals with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. C.Om: thanks for book recommendations. I will put them on my list of must-gets. Just don't tell my wife...she thinks I have too many books already.

    ReplyDelete