Sunday, August 2, 2009

Healing Arts and Martial Arts


As most Martial Artists are aware, Healing Arts and Martial Arts have traveled hand in hand throughout the centuries. It goes back to that old saying, "if you know how to break it, you must know how to fix it."

One of my most favorite Healing Arts is called, The Emotional Freedom Technique, or EFT for short. It was developed by Gary Craig who studied Thought Field Therapy with Dr. Roger Callahan. Thought Field Therapy is a healing art that combines Traditional Chinese Medicine and modern Psychology. A series of Pressure Points are 'tapped' with the fingers while focusing on the problem. Amazingly the problem reduces or disappears altogether. Thought Field Therapy has different algorithms or series of pressure points to tap for different problems. For instance, their are different algorithms for anxiety, grief, pain and anger. Gary Craig developed a universal algorithm that works for almost all situations...and named it the Emotional Freedom Technique.

As a Martial Artist, I have used EFT for my own headaches, anxiety and anger. It really does work. The website for you to explore is www.emofree.com. You can learn all about EFT via videos and you can download the entire EFT manual for Free! EFT is considered an Energy Medicine as it works with the subtle energies we as Martial Artists understand and use.

I encourage you to try it out. I use EFT in my clinical practice with wonderful results. I have seen migraines disappear, hip pain disappear, anxiety reduce and panic obliterated. It simply works. Give it try and if you have any questions just ask me.

In the future I will go over other healing arts I use and provide links to their websites.

Hands palm to palm,
Shinzen

No comments:

Post a Comment